Backing Up Amazon RDS SQL Databases
Run a full backup operation to back up Amazon RDS SQL Databases.
The Commvault software automatically filters the Amazon RDS system databases and admin databases from the backup operation.
- From the navigation pane, click Solutions > Apps > Cloud Apps. Then, in the Backup column for the Amazon app, click Backup.
The Backup dialog box appears.
- Under SQL Server, select the Azure instance, and then click Select.
The Backup options dialog box appears.
- Click OK.
What to Do Next
Determine your restore source and destination, and then perform one of the following tasks:
- Restore the Amazon SQL RDS backup to an Amazon RDS instance. For more information, see Restoring from an Amazon RDS Instance to Another Amazon RDS Instance.
- Restore an on-site instance to an Amazon RDS instance. For more information see Restoring from an On-Premises SQL Instance to an Amazon RDS Instance.
- Restore an Amazon SQL RDS instance to an On-Premises database. For more information see Restoring from an Amazon RDS Instance to an On-Premises SQL Database.
Last modified: 4/23/2019 4:50:17 AM