Adding A Synchronous Storage Copy
In a synchronous copy, all backup jobs (full, incremental, differential, transaction log or archive job) that are written to the primary copy are copied. An auxiliary copy operation must be performed to replicate the data to the secondary copy.
Although a secondary copy can use the same library as the primary, we recommend you to use a different library for a secondary copy.
- From the navigation pane, expand Policies > Storage policies.
The Storage Policies page appear.
- In the Storage Policies page, click the storage policy for which you want to add a synchronous storage copy.
- In the storage policy page, Click Add in the right end of the page.
The Add Storage Copy page appears.
- In the General page, in the Name box, type the name of the storage copy.
- From the Storage Pool list, select a storage pool with which you want to associate the storage copy.
- By default, the Throttle Network is set to 500 megabytes per hour. However, you can select the Throttle Network check box and type the bandwidth limit.
- Click Next.
- In the Retention page, select from the following options to set the retention for the storage copy:
- To retain the data on the storage copy infinitely, select the Infinite check box
- Type the number of days in the Retention n Days box, for which you want to retain the data on the storage copy.
- Optional: To set the extended retention rules in the Extended Retention Rules pane, click Add .
- To retain the data on the storage copy infinitely, select the Infinite check box, or type the number of days in the Retention box.
- Select from the Type list, the frequency of full backups.
Note: Extended retention rules allow you to define three additional "extended" retention periods for full (or synthetic full) backups.
- Click Next.
- In the Copy Policy page, select from one of the following Backups Selection options:
- By default, All Backups check box is selected to create copies of all the available backups.
- Optional: clear the All Backups check box and type a date in the Backups on and after (mm/dd/yy) box to select specific backups to be copied.
- Select the Specific Auxiliary Copy check box and select a storage copy from the list.
- Click Save.
Last modified: 3/13/2019 6:31:42 PM