Adding a Selective Storage Copy
You can create a Selective storage copy to copy specific full backup jobs from a source copy. The source copy can be either a primary copy or a synchronous copy.
Using a selective copy, you can setup to copy first or last full backup jobs based on automatic time-based selection such as all, weekly, monthly, quarterly, half-yearly, or yearly full backups.
For example, only the first or last full backup that occurs within the selected week, month, quarter, half-year, or year can be copied.
- From the navigation pane, expand Policies > Storage policies.
The Storage Policies page appear.
- In the Storage Policies page, click the storage policy for which you want to add a selective storage copy.
- In the storage policy page, Click Add in the right end of the page.
The Add Storage Copy page appears.
- In the General page, in the Name box, type the name of the storage copy.
- From the Storage Pool list, select a storage pool with which you want to associate the storage copy.
- Click the Selective Copy check box.
- Select from the Full backups at frequency list, the frequency of full backups that you want to copy.
- By default, the Throttle Network is set to 500 megabytes per hour. However, you can select the Throttle Network check box and type the bandwidth limit.
- Click Next.
- In the Retention page, select from the following options to set the retention for the storage copy:
- To retain the data on the storage copy infinitely, select the Infinite check box.
- Type the number of days in the Retention n Days box, for which you want to retain the data on the storage copy.
- Optional: To set the extended retention rules in the Extended Retention Rules pane, click Add.
- To retain the data on the storage copy infinitely, select the Infinite check box, or type the number of days in the Retention box.
- Select from the Type list, the frequency of full backups.
Note: Extended retention rules allow you to define three additional "extended" retention periods for full (or synthetic full) backups.
- Click Next.
- In the Copy Policy page, in the Backups on and after (mm/dd/yy) box, type a date to select specific backups.
Note: Backups run on and after the selected dates will be copied during the auxiliary copy operation.
- Select the Specific Auxiliary Copy check box and select a storage copy from the list.
- Click Save.
Last modified: 3/13/2019 6:30:37 PM