Manually Masking Oracle Data
You can manually mask data for an Oracle database that resides on a Commvault client. Use this operation in the following cases:
- You created a new data-masking policy after you restored or cloned the data.
- You restored the data without using the clone operation, or the out-of-place restore operation
Data Masking changes are irreversible and might destroy the data.
Before You Begin
If you have not already done so, install the Oracle Agent on the host that contains the Oracle database that you want to mask. For more information, see Installing the Commvault Package.
- From the navigation page, click Solutions > DB Instances. Then, in the Actions column for the instance, click the action button , and then click Run data masking.
The Run data masking dialog box appears.
- Select the data masking options.
- From the Destination client list, select the client where you want to mask the data.
- From the Destination instance list, select the instance.
- From the Policy name list, select the data masking policy to use for the data masking operation.
- Click Run.
Last modified: 8/14/2018 2:27:55 PM