VM Conversion Using the Import Method
If the prerequisites for HotAdd restores are not met, conversion or replication to Amazon uses the import method:
- Upload the virtual machine disks to S3 as pages.
- Merge the pages uploaded for each disk to form a single VHD.
- Import the OS disk as an AMI and additional disks as snapshots.
- Launch an Amazon instance from the imported AMI and attach the additional disks (volumes) from the imported snapshots.
- Delete the AMI and snapshots from AWS and the merged VHDs from the S3 bucket.
Last modified: 10/4/2018 1:46:26 PM