Microsoft Azure Stack: System Requirements
A physical machine or an Azure Stack virtual machine with the Virtual Server Agent (VSA) installed can act as a VSA proxy to perform backups and restores.
For best results, deploy the VSA proxy and MediaAgent on virtual machines in the Azure Stack cloud.
If you have existing VSA proxies that are used to support Azure Classic or Azure Resource Manager, use different proxies for Azure Stack.
Deploying the VSA proxy on an Azure Stack VM that is optimized for I/O intensive workloads will support faster backups. See Sizes for virtual machines in Azure Stack for more information.
A VSA proxy must meet the following requirements:
- The VSA proxy machine must run one of the following operating systems:
- Windows Server 2016
- Windows Server 2012 R2 and later
- Minimum of 100 GB disk space.
- Minimum of 4 GB RAM, beyond the requirements of the operating system and any other running applications.
If the CommServe software, MediaAgent, and VSA are all installed on the same Azure Stack VM, provide a minimum of 10 GB RAM.
- Install Azure PowerShell and download Azure Stack tools.
- A VSA proxy deployed on a virtual machine in Azure Stack must have a public IP address.
For more information, see System Requirements for Virtual Server Agent with Microsoft Azure Stack.
Last modified: 1/11/2019 9:07:01 PM