Oracle VM: System Requirements
Install the Virtual Server Agent on a virtual machine in the Oracle VM Manager environment. The following virtual machine types are supported for VSA proxies:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Editions
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 Editions
- Oracle Linux 6.x, 7.x
- RHEL 6.x, 7.x
- CentOS 6.x, 7.x
- Both Windows and UNIX proxies must be based on OVM domain type Xen HVM PV drivers.
- Windows proxy machines should be installed with Oracle VM Windows PV drivers version 2.3.2 or later.
- For Linux proxies, disable lvmetad.
Only virtual machines that have the VSA installed can act as VSA proxies to perform backups and restores.
At least one proxy is needed.
If a VM resides on a shared repository, the proxy VM must reside on the same repository.
For more information, see System Requirements for Virtual Server Agent with Oracle VM.
Last modified: 1/11/2019 9:34:18 PM