Installing the Virtual Server Protection Package
Use the Virtual Server Protection package to set up a CommCell environment for protecting virtual machines.
This package includes the following Commvault software: CommServe, Admin Console, Virtual Server Agent, MediaAgent, CommCell Console, Web Server, Web Console, and Workflow Engine.
Before You Begin
- Download the Virtual Server Protection installer from the Media Kits area of the Commvault Store.
- Verify that the computer where you plan to install the package satisfies the minimum requirements specified in System Requirements.
- Start the Virtual Server Protection installer, select where to extract the installation files, and then click Extract.
- On the welcome page, select the I Agree check box and proceed to the next page.
- On the Choose the Installation Type page, click Install packages on this computer and proceed to the next page.
- On the Installation Path page, change the default path if you want to install the software on a different location, and then proceed to the next page.
The installation starts.
- Complete the steps in the installation wizard.
- On the completion page, make a note of the Admin Console URL and then click Finish.
What to Do Next
Provide the Admin Console URL to backup administrators, database administrators, and other users that might need to access the console.
To get started with the Virtualization application, see Getting Started with Virtualization.
Last modified: 11/16/2017 5:12:48 PM