Creating a Snap Plan
You must create a snap plan to start protecting your data.
Before You Begin
Create a storage pool. For information on storage pools, see Storage Pool.
- From the navigation pane, expand Configuration, and then click Plans.
The Plans page appears.
- In the upper right of the page, click Create plan, and then click Snap.
The Create snap plan dialog box appears.
- In the Plan name box, type the name of the plan.
- Under Storage pool, set the storage options:
- To store the snapshots, in the Primary storage list, click the storage pool.
- In the Number of Snap recovery points box, type the number of days that the snapshots are retained.
- Optional: Under RPO (recovery point objective), update the RPO options:
- To update how often snapshots are taken, in the Backup frequency box, enter how often the jobs will run.
- To add a backup window, click Not enabled, and in the Edit backup window dialog box, select the days and times when jobs will run.
- Click Save.
What to Do Next
Add a storage array.
Last modified: 12/7/2018 8:35:45 PM