Installing the Commvault Package
Use the Commvault package to set up a CommCell environment for protecting databases, file systems, and cloud applications.
This package includes the following Commvault software: CommServe, Admin Console, File System Agent, MediaAgent, Virtual Server Agent, CommCell Console, Web Server, Web Console, and Workflow Engine.
Before You Begin
- Download the Commvault installer from the Cloud Services website.
- Verify that the computer where you plan to install the package satisfies the minimum requirements specified in System Requirements.
- Start the Commvault installer, select where to extract the installation files, and then click Extract.
- On the welcome page, select the I Agree check box and proceed to the next page.
- On the Choose the Installation Type page, click Install packages on this computer and proceed to the next page.
- On the Installation Path page, change the default path if you want to install the software on a different location, and then proceed to the next page.
The installation starts.
- On the Client Computer Information page, the computer name and host name are automatically provided. Proceed to the next page.
- Complete the steps in the installation wizard.
- On the completion page, make a note of the Admin Console URL and then click Finish.
What to Do Next
Provide the Admin Console URL to backup administrators, database administrators, and other users that might need to access the console.
Refer to the respective getting started instructions for the databases and file systems that you want to protect. For example, to protect file system data, see Getting Started with the File System Agent.
Last modified: 4/16/2018 8:10:01 PM