Creating an Alert Definition
You can create alert definitions to provide automatic notification about operations, such as failed jobs. An alert is triggered when conditions within the entity meet the criterion selected in the alert definition.
- From the navigation pane, click Alerts.
- On the Triggered alerts page, in the upper right of the page, click Alerts definitions.
The Alerts definition page appears.
- In the upper right of the page, click Add alert definition.
The Add alerts definition dialog box appears.
- In the Alert name box, type the name of the alert.
- In the Alert type list, click the type of alert you want to create, for example, Backup Job Failed.
- If the alert type has a variable in it, in the Value for X box, enter a value for the variable.
For example, you must define the value for X for the Backup Delay by X Hrs alert type.
- Under Entities, select the entities the alert definition should apply to.
- Under Users, for each user who should receive notifications for the alert, do one of the following:
- Type the user email address.
- Type the user or user group name, and from the generated list, click the user or user group name.
- Click Add.
- Click Save.
Last modified: 11/16/2017 5:12:20 PM