Performing File System Restores
Restore your backed up data to the original location on the same computer or to a new location on the same computer or a different computer.
Before You Begin
- You can perform a restore on the backup set details or job details page.
- Backup set details: From the navigation pane, click Servers > server > agent, in the Restore column for the backup set, click Restore.
- Job details: From the navigation pane, click Jobs > job ID, in the Job summary area, click Restore.
- Servers: From the navigation pane, click Servers. Then in the row for the server, click Restore.
The Restore page appears.
- Choose the content that you want to restore.
- To restore the contents of the entire backup set, select the check box next to Name.
- To restore the contents of a subclient, select the appropriate subclient. You can select multiple subclients at the same time.
- Click Select content.
The Backup content page appears.
- To restore particular files, expand the folder and then select the files.
- Click Restore.
The Restore options dialog box appears.
- From the Destination client list, choose the destination computer for the restore.
- Choose the restore location.
- To restore to the original backup location, select the Restore to original folder check box.
- To restore to a new location, clear the Restore to original folder check box and then in the Destination Path box, type the full path to the destination folder.
- Optional: If the destination client does not have access to the UNC path provided in the Destination Path box, then in the Impersonate user area, enter the user name and password required to access the UNC path.
- To overwrite the existing data, select the Overwrite if it already exists check box.
- Click Submit.
What to Do Next
You can control or view the job. For more information, see Jobs.
Last modified: 10/3/2018 7:53:15 PM