Managing Oracle Subclients
You can add the following content in the subclients:
- Data and logs
- Data only
- Logs only
- Data subset, for example tablespaces
- Data subset and logs
Use the following criteria when determining the unique data sets:
- The data content you want to back up and how you need to restore the data (for example, all tables or a subset of tables)
- The database state when you perform backups
- The required schedule for the data
You can create subclients for specific datafiles and tablespaces that frequently change or have a different backup schedule than the entire database.
Before You Begin
- If you have not done so, create a database plan.
This plan determines when the software automatically backs up the database, and the log files. For more information, see Database Plans.
- If you have not already do so, add an instance for the Oracle database.
- You can add a subclient on the instances page or the instance details page. Choose one of the options.
- Instances: From the navigation pane, click Solutions > DB Instances. Then, in the Actions column for the instance, click the action button , and then click Add subclient.
- Instance details: From the navigation pane, click Solutions > DB Instances > instance. Then, in the middle of the page click Add subclient.
The Add subclient dialog box appears.
- In the Subclient name box, type the subclient name.
- From the Plan list, select a database plan.
- In the Number of data streams box, type the number of streams that the software uses for backups.
- Select the data to include in the backup.
- To back up an online database, select the Data backup check box, and then select Online data.
- To back up an online database subset, select the Data backup check box, and then select Online subset.
- To back up an offline database subset, select the Data backup check box, and then select Offline data.
- To back up the database logs, clear the Data backup check box, and then select the Archive log backup check box.
- If you chose to include the logs in the backup, select the Delete archive logs check box to have the software delete the logs after a successful backup.
- To run a lights-out script for an offline database subclient, select the Run database shutdown or startup (lights out script) check box.
- Click Save.
You can perform backup operations on the subclient.
The Commvault software stores the backup in the target that is associated with the database plan.
The Commvault software automatically backs up the data and the log files by using the schedules that are associated with the database plan.
Last modified: 8/2/2018 3:12:20 PM