Clinical Image Archiving
With Commvault Clinical Image Archiving, you can archive, search, and restore your medical imaging data directly from your medical imaging software. All of the archived data is centrally located and accessible from any medical imaging endpoint using Commvault ObjectStore technology.
With Clinical Image Archiving, you can:
- Archive patient medical records to the ObjectStore directly from your client endpoints.
- Search patient records in the ObjectStore from your client endpoints based on the information in the supported medical data types.
- Restore patient medical records from the ObjectStore to your client endpoints.
- Automatically restore relevant patient medical records to a client based on appointments scheduled in a system using the Health Level-7 (HL7) protocol.
- Implement security policies by integrating a third-party audit tracking software to monitor and log data transactions.
Supported Medical Data Standards and Protocols
The following medical data standards and protocols are supported by Clinical Image Archiving:
- Digital Imaging and Communications in Medicine (DICOM): A standard data specification for medical imaging data.
- Cross Document Sharing (XDS): A standard data specification for medical imaging data and patient medical records. XDS extends the DICOM standard.
- Health Level-7 (HL7): A standard protocol used to transfer information about patient medical records and administrative data, such as appointments, between medical systems.
- Audit Trail and Node Authentication (ATNA): An integration profile that enables you to connect a supported third-party auditing software to the Clinical Image Archiving solution.
- Server Connection: The parameters used to communicate between the ObjectStore and your medical imaging clients.
- Healthcare Dashboard: An area of the Admin Console where an administrator can configure the Clinical Image Archiving connection and your medical imaging clients.
- Medical Imaging Client: A client computer where your medical imaging software is installed. The medical imaging clients are the endpoints that medical professionals use to access patient medical records. You may have one or several medical imaging clients in your environment.
- Medical Imaging Software: The third-party software that you use to manage medical imaging data on the endpoints in your environment.
Last modified: 10/16/2018 9:28:37 PM