Installing the Commvault Edge Server Package
Use the Commvault Edge Server package to set up a CommCell environment for protecting laptop computers.
This package includes the following Commvault software: CommServe, Admin Console, File System Agent, MediaAgent, CommCell Console, Web Server, Web Console, and Workflow Engine.
Before You Begin
- Download the Commvault Edge Server installer from the Cloud Services website.
- Verify that the computer where you plan to install the package satisfies the minimum requirements specified in System Requirements.
- Start the Commvault Edge Server installer, select where to extract the installation files, and then click Extract.
- On the welcome page, select the I Agree check box and proceed to the next page.
- On the Choose the Installation Type page, click Install packages on this computer and proceed to the next page.
- On the Installation Path page, change the default path if you want to install the software on a different location, and then proceed to the next page.
The installation starts.
- Complete the steps in the installation wizard.
- On the completion page, make a note of the Admin Console URL and then click Finish.
What to Do Next
If you want to minimize the information your end users must provide during the installation of the end-user Laptop package, you can create a custom package. For information on creating a custom package, see Creating an End-User Laptop Package.
To get started with the Laptop application, see Getting Started with Laptop.
Last modified: 11/16/2017 5:12:59 PM