Creating an End-User Laptop Package
From the Cloud Services website, you can generate proxy and laptop backup installation packages for laptop computers.
Applies To: Windows and Macintosh
Before You Begin
Obtain a user account for the Commvault Cloud website.
- To access the Custom Install Package Creation form on the Commvault Cloud website, log on to the Cloud Services website and open the Custom Install Package Creation form on the Forms page.
- On the CS Information page, in the Service Pack box, select the service pack version that you will use to create the package and do either of the following:
- In the Select a previously used CS Client Name box, select the name of the CommServe computer that you used earlier from the list to create the laptop package.
- In the Or enter a new CS Client Name box, enter the name of the CommServe computer. The name that you enter is case-sensitive and must match the CommServe name in the CommCell Console.
- Click Next.
- On the form, fill in the following information:
- In the CS Client Name (case sensitive) box, verify that you have the same name that you entered in the Or enter a new CS Client Name box.
- In the CS Hostname box, enter the host name of the CommServe. You can also use an IP address instead of the host name.
- Optional: The proxy computer communicates with laptops that are outside the network. If you are using a proxy, select the Use Proxy check box to create a proxy package.
- Click Require end users to enter their credentials during installation.
This option allows the end-users to install the laptop package by selecting the options themselves.
- Click Next.
- Optional: In the Custom Install Package - Enter Proxy Information dialog box, enter the following information if you selected the Use Proxy check box.
- In the Proxy Client Name (case sensitive) box, enter the name of the proxy computer. The name that you enter must match with the name of the proxy computer in the CommServe.
- In the Proxy Hostname box, enter the host name of the proxy computer. You can also use an IP address instead of the host name.
- In the Port Number box, enter the port number. This port will be used for incoming connections to the proxy computer, when a firewall is configured.
- Click Next.
- Click OK on the summary screen after verifying the information.
- Click OK to create the packages.
- Verify the confirmation email.
You will receive an email confirming the package creation request. Subsequently, you will receive another email with links to the following downloadable packages:
- 32 bit proxy (if the Use Proxy option was selected)
- 64 bit proxy (if the Use Proxy option was selected)
- 32 bit Windows
- 64 bit Windows
- macOS Dmg
- macOS Pkg
- The proxy package consists of the File System Core package which can be installed interactively. However, you cannot perform a silent install of the proxy package.
- You can perform a silent install of the macOS Pkg package. However, the macOS Dmg package supports only interactive installations. If your Macintosh laptop uses a proxy computer, then the proxy package is Windows-based.
- Using the link provided, download the packages.
What to Do Next
After the end-user Endpoint package has been created, you can distribute the package. For information on distributing the package, see Distributing the End-User Endpoint Package.
Last modified: 4/25/2019 8:19:00 PM