Manually Backing Up a Device
Normally, devices are backed up according to schedules, but you can manually perform a full, incremental, or synthetic full backup job. For information about backup schedules, see Managing Laptop Backup Schedules.
- From the navigation pane, click Devices.
The Devices page appears.
- In the Name column, click the name of the device.
The device details page appears.
- Under Backup, click Back up now.
- In the Backup options dialog box, choose the backup options:
- Full: Backs up all of the data defined under Content.
- Incremental: (default) Backs up the portion of the data that is new or that has changed since the last backup.
- Synthetic full: Creates a full backup from the most recent full backup and all subsequent incremental backups. The resulting synthetic full backup is identical to a full backup. A synthetic full backup does not transfer data from a device to the storage pool and does not use resources on the device.
- Click OK.
The backup job appears under Backup. You can monitor the job progress and kill or suspend the job. For information on monitoring all of the jobs in your environment, see Jobs.
Last modified: 11/16/2017 5:12:58 PM