Restoring Files and Folders for a Device
You can restore backed up data to the same device or to a different device.
Before You Begin
The device must be backed up. For information on manually backing up a device, see Manually Starting a Backup.
- From the navigation pane, click Devices.
The Devices page appears.
- In the Actions column for the device, click the action button and then click Restore.
The Backup content page appears.
- Browse for the files and folders you want to restore.
Tip: You can change the backup content you see by using the filter options in the upper right of the page.
- Select the check box next to each file and folder you want to restore.
- Click Restore.
- In the Restore options dialog box, choose how you want to restore the data:
- Destination client: The destination is where the data is restored. The default value is the device that was backed up. You can restore the data to the default device or choose a different device.
- Restore to original folder: (default) The option to restore data to the folder from where it was backed up. Clear this option if you want to enter a new path in the Destination path box.
- Destination path: If you cleared the Restore to original folder check box, click Browse to choose a folder or to create a new folder. The data is restored to the folder you choose or create.
- Overwrite if it already exists: The option to overwrite files and folders on the destination client with the files and folders you are restoring.
- Click Submit.
A restore job is created. You can monitor the job progress and kill or suspend the job. For information on monitoring all of the jobs in your environment, see Jobs.
Last modified: 11/16/2017 5:12:59 PM