Configuring Private Metrics Reporting
If you have multiple CommServe computers in your environment, then you must configure data collection for reports on each CommServe computer.
Private Metrics Reporting offers a way for you to host reports in your own network. The Private Metrics Reporting Server must collect data from each CommServe computer in your environment.
- From the navigation pane, go to Administration > Operations > Metrics reporting.
The Metrics reporting page appears.
CommCell Diagnostics and Usage is turned on by default. This setting allows data to be collected for Metrics Reports.
- Next to Private metrics reporting, click Settings.
- Under General, select CommCell Diagnostics and Usage.
- To collect information for reports, under General, select any of the report types::
- To collect information about the wellness of the CommCell, select Health check.
- To collect information about job success, client size, and errors, select Activity.
- To collect information that will help you determine how your CommCell environment is performing after you upgrade to the latest version, select Post upgrade check.
- To collect information about CommCell settings, select Audit.
- To collect information about protected data sizes used to calculate billing, and to specify time periods for viewing that information, select Chargeback, and then select Daily, Weekly, or Monthly.
- If the Download URL box is blank, type the download URL for the Private Metrics Reporting Server.
For example: http://metricsserver1.domain.com/downloads/sqlscripts/
Where metricsserver1 is the name of your organization's Private Metrics Reporting Server. You must include the forward slash (/) at the end of the URL, otherwise the download does not work.
- If the Upload URL box is blank, type the upload URL for the Private Metrics Reporting Server.
For example: http://metricsserver1.domain.com/webconsole/
Where metricsserver1 is the name of your organization's Private Metrics Reporting Server. You must include the forward slash (/) at the end of the URL, otherwise the upload does not work.
- Click Configuration, and then configure client group and data collection settings:
- To collect information for all client groups, select All Client Groups.
- To collect information from specific client groups, clear All Client Groups, from the list, select the client groups you want to include, and then click OK.
- To specify when report data is collected, select Data Collection Time, and then enter a time.
Data collection will begin within an hour after the specified time.
- To specify when data collection results are uploaded, in the Upload Frequency box, enter the number of days between uploads.
The minimum frequency is one day.
- Click Save.
Last modified: 2/6/2019 7:41:12 PM