Sending Log Files
You can use log files to analyze and diagnose problems within the Admin Console. The log files contain the operation processing details.
About This Task
The default options for sending the logs are selected based on where you initiate the operation. For example, if you initiate the operation from the Jobs page, the Send log files dialog box is prepopulated with the job ID.
- From the navigation pane, go to the page from where you want to send the logs:
- CommCell details page: Click Administration > CommCell, and then in the upper right of the page click Send logs.
- Servers details page: Click Administration > Servers, and then in the upper right of the page click Send logs.
- Jobs page: Click Monitoring > Jobs, in the Actions column for the job, click the action button , and then click Send logs.
- Job details page: Click Jobs > job ID, and then in the upper right of the page click Send logs.
The Send log files dialog box appears.
- On the Output tab, upload automatically to the default location and a local or network path:
- To upload to the default CommCell location, select the Auto upload check box.
- To upload to a local path or network path, select the Output to check box, select Local path or Network path and then browse for a storage location.
You might have to enter network credentials to browse for a Network path location.
- On the Information tab, select the type of logs that you want to include.
For example: Database logs, Process dump.
- On the Notification tab, select the users who should receive an email about the logs.
By default, logs are sent to Commvault support.
- Click Send logs.
Last modified: 6/7/2018 2:53:38 PM