Restoring Salesforce Data to a File System
You can restore the Salesforce to a folder that resides on one of your servers.
Before You Begin
Determine the dependent objects to include in the restore. Use this choice as the Restore Dependent Object list selection.
For more information, see Salesforce Restore Dependent Objects Options.
- You can perform a restore on the Apps page, or the job details page.
- Apps page: From the navigation page, expand Solutions > Apps > Cloud Apps > Salesforce. Then, in the Restore column for the Salesforce app, click Restore.
- Job details: From the navigation pane, expand Jobs > job ID, and then under Job summary, click Restore.
The Restore or Select restore type page appears.
- If you have more than 1 instance for the app,then in the Restore dialog box, expand the instances, select the data that you want to restore, and then click Select Content.
- Select Object level restore.
The Backup content page appears.
- Optional: Select a backup. From the Showing latest backup list, select one of the following options:
- To show the latest backup, select Show Latest Backup.
- To show a backup at a specific time, select Show backup as a of a specific date, and then type the date and time.
- To show backups for a date range, select Show backup for a date range, and then specify the dates.
- Optional: Select whether to show the deleted objects and files. From the Hiding deleted object/file list, select one of the following options:
- To see the deleted objects and files, click Show deleted objects/files.
- To hide the deleted objects and files, click Hide deleted objects/files.
- Select the data that you want to restore:
- To restore files, select the check box next to Files.
- To restore objects, select the check box next to Objects.
- To restore both files and objects, select both check boxes.
- Click Restore.
The Restore options dialog box appears.
- In the Restore target area, select File system.
- Under Destination details, from the Destination server list, select the destination server.
- In the Restore Dependent Object list, select the dependent objects to include in the restore.
- Click Submit.
What to Do Next
You can control or view the job. For more information, see Jobs.
Last modified: 1/16/2019 5:07:41 PM