Restoring Salesforce Metadata to Salesforce
You can restore the Salesforce metadata to the Salesforce cloud as needed. The data is restored to the Salesforce instance and the local database.
For information about the metadata that is supported for restore operations, see Salesforce Metadata Supported for Commvault Restores.
Note: If you changed data during the full backup, then you might need to restore additional incremental jobs so that you minimize data inconsistencies.
If you need to modify or customize the metadata that you backed up, perform the following operations:
- Restore the metadata to a file system.
- Modify the corresponding xml files.
- Use the Force.com Migration Tool tool to deploy the metadata to the Salesforce organization. For more information, go to the Salesforce help website, Force.com Migration Tool.
Before You Begin
- Verify that the Salesforce user who performs the restores has a System Administrator profile or an equivalent profile.
- Configure a subclient to include the metadata. For more information, see Backing Up Salesforce Metadata.
- You can perform a restore on the Apps page,or the job details page.
- Apps page: From the navigation page, expand Solutions > Apps > Cloud Apps. Then, in the Restore column for the Salesforce app, click Restore.
- Job details: From the navigation pane, expand Jobs > job ID, and then under Job summary, click Restore.
The Restore or Select restore type page appears.
- If you have more than 1 instance for the app,then in the Restore dialog box, expand the instances, select the data that you want to restore, and then click Select Content.
The Select restore type page appears.
- Select Metadata restore.
The Backup content page appears.
- Optional: Select a backup. From the Showing latest backup list, select the backup:
- To show the latest backup, select Show Latest Backup.
- To show a backup at a specific time, select Show backup as a of a specific date, and then type the date and time.
- To show backups for a date range, select Show backup for a date range, and then specify the dates.
- Optional: Select the metadata that you want to use for the restore. From the Showing restorable metadata only list, select one of the following options:
- To view all metadata, click Show all metadata.
- To view only the metadata that you can restore, select Show restorable metadata only.
- Click the Metadata, unpackaged and then select the check box next to each metadata object that you want to restore.
- Click Restore.
The Restore options dialog box appears.
- In the Restore target area, select Salesforce.
- In the Destination details area, provide the destination information.
- From the Destination server list, select the server that hosts the Salesforce destination instance.
- From the Destination instance list, select the Salesforce instance.
- Click Submit.
What to Do Next
You can control or view the job. For more information, see Jobs.
Last modified: 1/17/2019 6:46:04 PM