Adding an Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Classic Hypervisor
Add an Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Classic hypervisor to support data protection operations for all instances hosted or managed by the hypervisor.
Before You Begin
You will need the following information to add a hypervisor:
- Install the Virtual Server Agent (VSA) on at least one Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Classic instance. You can install the VSA on other machines to create additional VSA proxies.
- At least one VSA proxy is needed.
- Identify the endpoint that can be used to access Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Classic.
- Obtain administrator user credentials.
Non-administrators can perform backups and restores for local or Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Classic libraries if they have the following Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Classic permissions:
- Compute: Compute Operations
- Storage: Storage Read Write Group
- From the navigation pane, click Solutions > Virtualization > Hypervisors.
The Hypervisors page appears.
- Click Add hypervisor.
The Add hypervisor page appears.
- For Select type, select Oracle Cloud Classic.
- For End point, enter the fully qualified domain name (FQDN) for the endpoint that is used to access Oracle Cloud Classic.
- For Hypervisor name, type a descriptive name for the hypervisor.
- Enter host or account information:
- Identity domain/username: Enter the domain and user name required to access the endpoint.
- Password: Enter the password for the user account.
- From the Proxy list, select a previously deployed proxy that is an Oracle Cloud Classic instance.
- Click Save.
Last modified: 4/11/2018 7:10:42 PM