Editing VM Group Settings for Amazon
For an existing VM group, you can modify options that affect backups.
- From the navigation pane, click Solutions > Virtualization > Hypervisors.
The Hypervisors page appears.
- Click the name of the hypervisor that hosts the virtual machines.
The hypervisor details page appears. The VM groups area displays summary information for any existing VM groups.
- Click the name of a VM group.
The VM group details page appears.
The Settings area shows settings that are used to back up the virtual machines in the VM group.
- In the Settings area, click Edit.
- In the Edit options dialog box, provide the following information:
- No. of readers: Set the number of readers to control how many parallel read operations can be launched during backups.
- Retain snapshot after a backup operation: Enable this option to keep a snapshot after streaming backup operations.
This option reduces the time that is required to create subsequent snapshots and results in faster backups after the initial backup. The Commvault software retains the latest snapshot for each instance with the tag CV_Retain_Snap, and cleans up older snapshots after each backup operation.
- IntelliSnap: Enable this option to perform IntelliSnap backups.
- Click Save.
Last modified: 8/23/2018 7:26:04 PM