Restoring Guest Files for Oracle Cloud Classic
You can restore guest files and folders from instance backups to a physical machine or an instance. You can only restore files or folders to the source instance if a file system agent is installed on the source VM.
When restoring files from a Linux instance, the File Recovery Enabler specified for the hypervisor is used to recover files.
- From the navigation pane, click Solutions > Virtualization > Hypervisors.
The Hypervisors page appears.
- Click the name of the hypervisor that hosts the instances.
The hypervisor details page appears. The VM groups area displays summary information for any existing VM groups.
- In the VM groups area, click Restore for the VM group that contains the instance.
- To restore from a specific copy of backup data, choose the copy from the Select source list in the upper-right corner of the page.
If you select No copy precedence(automatic selection), the restore operation searches for the requested data in the primary copy, and automatically selects a different copy if the data is not found in the primary copy.
- Select Guest files.
The Restore page appears.
- Expand the tree on the left and select the objects to be restored on the right. Select an item or click on an entry in the Name column to browse within an item. For hierarchical data such as files, folders, and disks, you can click an entry in the path listing above the right pane to return to a higher level of the hierarchy.
In the top right corner of the page, a "Showing" message indicates what backup data is being displayed. You can click the down arrow beside this message and select any of the following options:
- Show latest backups: Only display data for the most recent backups.
- Show backups as of a specific date: Only display data up to the date you specify.
- Show backups for a date range: Only display data within the data range you specify.
- Click Restore.
- In the Restore to dialog box, specify the destination for recovered files.
By default, files are restored to the proxy that performed the backup.
- To restore in place, leave the value in the Destination list.
- Optional: To use the Impersonate user option, type the host name and credentials for the new destination.
By default, the Local System account on the destination client is used to perform the restore operation; but you can use the Impersonate user option to provide credentials for another user account.
The user must have permissions to create files in the specified location on the destination.
- For the Path box, type a full path or click Browse to select a destination folder.
- To delete an existing file and replace it with the restored file, select Overwrite if it already exists.
- Click Submit to run the restore job.
Last modified: 9/25/2018 4:31:41 PM