Restoring Full Instances for Oracle Cloud Classic
You can restore instances to the original location or to a different location. By default, an instance is restored to the original hypervisor, using the same proxy as the backup.
- From the navigation pane, click Solutions > Virtualization > Hypervisors.
The Hypervisors page appears.
- Click the name of the hypervisor that hosts the instances.
The hypervisor details page appears. The VM groups area displays summary information for any existing VM groups.
- In the VM groups area, click Restore for the VM group that contains the instance.
- To restore from a specific copy of backup data, choose the copy from the Select source list in the upper-right corner of the page.
If you select No copy precedence(automatic selection), the restore operation searches for the requested data in the primary copy, and automatically selects a different copy if the data is not found in the primary copy.
- Select Full instance to restore a full instance.
The Restore page appears.
- Expand the tree on the left and select the objects to be restored on the right. Select an item or click on an entry in the Name column to browse within an item.
In the top right corner of the page, a "Showing" message indicates what backup data is being displayed. You can click the down arrow beside this message and select any of the following options:
- Show latest backups: Only display data for the most recent backups.
- Show backups as of a specific date: Only display data up to the date you specify.
- Show backups for a date range: Only display data within the data range you specify.
- Click Restore.
- In the Restore options dialog box, provide the requested information:
- To restore to a different endpoint, select the hypervisor for the endpoint from the Destination hypervisor list.
- Optional: By default, the preferred VSA proxy for the hypervisor is used for the restore. You can select a different Oracle Cloud Classic proxy from the Proxy client list.
- Optional: Select Power on instance after restore (the default) to start the instance automatically.
- If you are restoring multiple instances, click the All Instances tab on the bottom left to specify configuration values for all instances you are restoring, or the name of each instance to specify values individually. Specify the following values:
- When restoring a single instance, in the Change instance display name to box, enter a new display name for the instance.
- From the User account list, select the user for the destination endpoint.
- From the Instance shape list, select an instance shape that is at or above the level of the source instances.
- In the Network box, select a network for the destination instances.
- In the Security groups box, select a security group for the specified network.
- In the SSH keys box, select a predefined SSH key for the destination instances.
- Click Submit to run the restore job.
Last modified: 9/25/2018 4:32:23 PM