Adding a Database Server
Add a new Oracle or SQL database server to the Admin Console when you need to protect instances that reside on the server.
When you add a database server, the software automatically performs the following operations:
- Installs the appropriate Commvault software packages on the server.
- Discovers the Oracle or SQL instances, and automatically creates corresponding instances in the Admin Console.
- Creates the appropriate subclients for the instance.
Before You Begin
If you have not done so, create a database plan.
This plan determines when the software automatically backs up the database, and the log files. For more information, see Database Plans.
- From the navigation pane, click Solutions > DB Instances, in the upper right,click Add database server.
The Add database server dialog box appears.
- From the Application type list, select the database type that you want to protect.
- If you add an Oracle server,in the OS Type area, select the server operating system.
- In the Database server name box, type the server name.
- In the Hostname/IP Address box, type the server host name or the server IP address.
- In the Username and Password boxes, type the credentials that you use to connect to the server.
- From the Plan list, select the database plan that the software assigns to the default subclients for the instance.
- Click Save.
Each discovered instance appears on the Instances page.
The server appears on the Servers page.
Last modified: 11/16/2017 5:15:24 PM