Oracle Database Application Migration to the Cloud
You can use the Commvault Oracle database application migration feature to move your database, such as Oracle, to third-party cloud storage.
Use the Oracle database application migration feature in the following scenarios:
- When you move or retire your data center.
- When you want to create a test of a demonstration system for the production system
- When you want to store your database in the cloud
The Commvault software automates the following processes:
- Capturing the application server physical configuration.
- Protecting the application data
- Provisioning the cloud instance and storage
- Restoring the data
- Validating the restore
If you choose, continuously applying changes from the production database backups to the migrated database by using the Live Sync feature.
The software supports the Oracle database in a Linux environment.
You can migrate the Oracle application and database to any of the following destinations:
- An Amazon EC2 instance
- An Oracle cloud compute
- Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI)
Last modified: 4/30/2018 6:22:52 PM