Adding SQL Subclients
A subclient is a logical entity that contains the databases that need to be backed up. You can back up specific databases at a particular time or frequency by adding the databases to a user-defined subclient.
Before You Begin
- If you have not done so, create a database plan.
This plan determines when the software automatically backs up the database, and the log files. For more information, see Database Plans.
- If you have not already done so, add an instance for the SQL database.
- You can add a subclient on the agent details page or the instance details page. Choose one of the options.
- Instances: From the navigation pane, click Solutions > DB Instances, in the Actions column for the instance, click the action button , and then click Add subclient.
- Instance details: From the navigation pane, click Solutions > DB Instances > instance. Then, in the middle of the page click Add subclient.
The Add subclient dialog box appears.
- In the Subclient name box, type the subclient name.
- From the Plan list, select a database plan.
- Select the databases that you want to include in the subclient.
- To include a database, in the row for the database, select the check box.
- To remove a database, in the row for the database, clear the check box.
- Click Add.
Last modified: 11/16/2017 5:15:34 PM