Adding a SAP HANA Server
Add a SAP HANA server to represent the SAP HANA database instances that you want to protect.
Before You Begin
- Determine how to connect to the database. If you want to use the SAP HANA Secure User Store, create a key.
For information on the SAP Secure User Store, go to the SAP website, hdbuserstore.
- If you have not already do so, create a database plan. For more information, see Creating a Database Plan.
The plan contains the schedule and storage rules to use for backups.
- Make sure that you have the following information about the SAP HANA system:
- The admin user name
- The SAP HANA instance SID
- The SAP HANA instance number
- The SAP HANA primary server
- The SAP HANA worker node
- The SAP HANA user credentials
- The SAP HANA user store key
- The directory that contains the SAP HANA hdbsql tools.
To determine the location, log in to the SAP HANA server with the sid admin credentials and type the following on the command line:
- From the navigation pane, click Solutions >DB Instances, in the center of the page, click Add database server, and then click SAP HANA.
The Add database server dialog box appears.
- Provide the connection details.
- In the SID box, type the SAP HANA instance SID.
- In the Instance number box, type the SAP HANA instance number.
- In the HDB SQL Location box, type the directory that contains the SAP HANA hdbsql tools.
- In the OS username box, type the admin user name.
- From the Plan list, select a database plan.
- From the Physical client list, choose the client that hosts the SAP HANA instance.
- Determine how to connect to SAP HANA.
- To use the SAP HANA Secure User Store, choose HDB User Store Key and then type the SAP HANA Secure User Store key in the box.
- To use a database user, choose DB Username and then type the SAP HANA database user credentials in the boxes.
- On the Details tab, from the Select a Database Worker Node list, select the SAP HANA client that is the worker node and then click Add.
- On the Storage tab, choose the storage policies.
- From the Data storage policy list, choose the storage policy the software uses for data backups.
- From the Log storage policy list, choose the storage policy the software uses for log backups.
- From the Command storage policy list, choose the storage policy the software uses for command line backups.
- Click Add.
What to Do Next
If there is more than 1 instance in the SAP HANA system, then add the instances to the SAP HANA system.
Last modified: 3/13/2018 10:40:53 PM