Configuring a Tape Library as a Storage Target
You can configure a tape library as a storage target. Before configuring the tape library make sure that the library is attached to the MediaAgent in which it will be configured.
Note: Tape storage pools can be used as storage targets for secondary copies and not as targets for a primary copy. If you wish to add a a tape library in the primary copy, configure the Tape library and create a Storage Policy using the Commcell Console.
- From the navigation pane, click Storage Targets.
- Click Add storage in the upper right of the page, and then select Tape.
- In the Add tape storage, select the MediaAgent to which the tape library is attached from the MediaAgent list.
- Click Scan hardware.
- The tape library attached to the selected MediaAgent is detected and appears as Not configured.
- Click Select all or click the library that you wish to configure.
- Click Configure.
- The tape library appears as Configured.
- Click Cancel to exit the dialog box.
The tape library is available. You can associate the tape library with a Tape Storage Pool. For more information, see Configuring a Tape Storage Pool.
Last modified: 3/28/2019 8:34:52 PM