A storage target can be one of the following:
- A cloud library or a disk library that you associate with one or more mount paths. A mount path is a set of partitioned disks or arrays that is associated with a file system. A mount path can be a local disk or networked attached storage on the disk library MediaAgent. This is where data is stored when it is backed up.
- A tape library attached to a MediaAgent.
The Storage Targets page lists the name, status, manufacturer, and model of the storage targets you add.
You can perform the following operations on the Storage Targets page:
- Add a storage target.
- Delete or deconfigure a storage target.
- View the storage target details.
- Manage a Tape library, which includes the following operations:
- Resetting the library
- Deconfiguring the library
- Validating a drive
- Cleaning a drive
- Unloading a drive
- Resetting a drive
Note: Other operations for Tape libraries are currently not supported in the Admin Console. Administrators/users must use the CommCell Console to perform these operations. Similarly, advanced configurations for Tape Libraries must be performed using the Expert Storage Configuration available in the CommCell Console.
Last modified: 10/16/2018 10:01:44 PM