Adding a File Server Asset to an Inventory
You can add a file server asset to an existing inventory in Inventory Manager. For information about inventories, see Creating an Inventory in Inventory Manager.
- Open Inventory Manager as follows:
- From the navigation pane, expand Solutions, and then click Governance Apps.
- On the Governance Apps page, click Inventory Manager.
- In the Inventory Manager list, in the inventory name row, click the Actions button , and then click Details.
- On the inventory name page, in the upper right of the Assets table, click Add > File server.
The Add file server dialog box appears.
- In Server name, enter the machine name of the server. Do not include the domain in the server name.
- In Domain name, enter the domain to which the server belongs.
- In IP address, enter the IP address of the server.
- From the OS Type list, select the operating system of the server.
- From the Country name list, select the country where the server is located.
- Click Save.
- The file server information appears in a new row in the Assets table.
Last modified: 11/13/2018 6:55:44 PM