Adding Domains to an Inventory
You can add all of the servers from a domain as assets to an existing inventory in Inventory Manager.
Before You Begin
- Your administrator must have added the domains to your CommCell environment. If you don't see the domains when performing this procedure, talk to your system administrator.
- You can use this procedure to add all of the file servers from a domain as assets to an existing inventory. If you have not yet created an inventory, see Creating an Inventory in Inventory Manager.
- Open Inventory Manager as follows:
- From the navigation pane, expand Solutions, and then click Governance Apps.
- On the Governance Apps page, click Inventory Manager.In the Inventory Manager list, in the inventory name row, click the Actions button , and then click Details.
- On the inventory name page, in the upper right of the Assets table, click Add > Name server.
The Add name server dialog box appears.
- From the Name server list, select the name servers that you want to add.
Tips: You can click Select All, Select None, and Reset to modify your selections. You can also use the search bar to perform a keyword search on the name servers.
- Click OK, and then click Save.
The name servers that you selected appear under the Assets table.
Last modified: 11/20/2018 4:46:50 PM