Getting Started with SAP HANA Multitenant Database Containers
Review each of the topics to get started with SAP HANA Multitenant Database Containers.
Step 1: Install the Commvault Package
If your backup administrator has not already installed the Commvault package, then you must install it.
For more information, see Installing the Commvault Package.
Step 2: Obtain Your User Credentials and Database Protection Information
Obtain the following information from your backup administrator:
- The Admin Console URL
- Your Admin Console user credentials
Step 3: Log on to the Admin Console
Access the Admin Console by using the URL that was displayed on the installation completion page, or that you received from your backup administrator.
From the navigation panel, click Solutions > DB Instances.
Step 4: Register the Admin Console
If you have not done so, register your Admin Console.
Step 5: Complete the Core Setup Wizard
Configure core information by completing the Core Setup Wizard.
Step 6: Complete the Database Application Setup Wizard
Configure the Database application by completing the DB Instances Setup Wizard.
Step 7: Prepare for Your First Backup and Restore
- If you have not done so, add a SAP HANA server. For more information, see Adding a SAP HANA Server.
- Add a subclient.
- Determine the alerts that you want the software to trigger.
For information on how to configure alerts, see Creating an Alert Definition.
Step 6: Perform Your First Backup and Restore
- Perform a full backup of the SYSTEMDB database.
- Perform a full backup of the tenant databases.
- Perform a restore of the SYSTEMDB database.
- Perform a restore of the tenant databases.
Last modified: 8/30/2018 3:42:29 PM