Adding an Oracle VM Hypervisor
Add an Oracle VM hypervisor to support data protection operations for all virtual machines hosted or managed by the Oracle VM Manager deployment.
Before You Begin
You will need the following information to add a hypervisor:
- Install the Virtual Server Agent (VSA) on at least one virtual machine hosted on an Oracle VM Server that is part of the Oracle VM deployment. You can install the VSA on other virtual machines to create additional VSA proxies.
- At least one VSA proxy is needed.
- Identify the IP address for the Oracle VM Manager node.
- Obtain administrator user credentials.
- From the navigation pane, click Solutions > Virtualization > Hypervisors.
The Hypervisors page appears.
- Click Add hypervisor.
The Add hypervisor page appears.
- For Select type, select Oracle VM.
- Provide the following information:
- Oracle VM Manager: Enter the fully qualified host name or IP address for the Oracle VM Manager.
- Hypervisor name: Type a descriptive name for the hypervisor.
- User name: Enter the user name required to access Oracle VM Manager.
- Password: Enter the password for the user account.
- Proxy: Select a previously deployed proxy that is a virtual machine hosted on an Oracle VM Server.
- Click Save.
Last modified: 2/27/2018 10:29:21 PM