Performing a Live Mount
Perform a live mount to run a virtual machine directly from a stored backup.
You can use this feature to validate that backups are usable for a disaster recovery scenario, to validate the content on the backup, or to access data from the virtual machine directly instead of restoring guest files.
Virtual machines that are live mounted are intended for short term usage and should not be used for production. Changes to live mounted VMs or their data are not retained when the virtual machine expires. The VM expiration period is set through a VM Lifecycle Management policy.
Before You Begin
- Run a backup for any VMs that will be live mounted.
- You must be associated with a life cycle policy that supports live mount operations.
- From the navigation pane, go to Solutions > Virtualization > Virtual Machines.
- Under Actions, click and select Live mount.
The Live mount dialog box appears.
- Provide the following information:
- Live mount policy: Select the policy to be used for the live mount operation.
- Virtual machine name: Enter a display name for the live mounted VM.
- Network: Select one of the following options:
- No network: Mount the VM without a network connection.
- Original network: Mount the VM with the same network connection as the source VM.
- Select network: Mount the VM with the network specified in the live mount policy.
- Copy precedence: Select the copy to use as a source for the live mount operation.
- Click Submit.
Last modified: 2/27/2018 10:29:23 PM