Providing Service Accounts Access to Mailboxes for Office 365 with Exchange Using an On-Premises Active Directory
Applies to: Office 365 with Exchange, User Mailbox
In an Office 365 with Exchange environment, you must configure the following service accounts to discover, archive, cleanup and restore data.
- Exchange Online Service Account
- Local System Account (Windows user)
Before You Begin
The Office 365 with Exchange (Exchange Online) Administrator Account must have the following service accounts configured:
- Exchange Online Service Account, which must meet the following requirements:
- Must be an online mailbox.
- Local System Account (Windows user), which must meet the following requirements:
- Must be a member of the Local Administrator Group.
- Must be a domain user.
- Open Windows PowerShell and create a remote PowerShell session to Office 365 with Exchange.
- To assign impersonation and view-only recipient permissions, type the following command:
New-RoleGroup -Name "ExchangeonlinebackupGrp" -Roles "ApplicationImpersonation", "View-Only Recipients" -Members user1
- ExchangeonlinebackupGrp is a unique name of the new role group.
- user1 is service account.
Last modified: 6/21/2018 6:25:20 PM