Restore OneDrive for Business
You can browse and restore backed up Microsoft OneDrive for Business files and folders.
About Browsing and Restoring OneDrive for Business Data Based on Backup Time
You can browse and restore OneDrive for Business files and folders either from the most recent backup or from a previous backup, as follows:
- If you want to save your content on a secondary storage, such as tape, for long-term storage, then you can restore the data from the latest backup. However, you must identify the media that contains the backup, and verify that it is available for the recovery operation.
- If some data becomes unusable, then you can restore the data from a backup that was created immediately before the data became unusable.
- If some data is accidentally deleted, then you can restore the data from a backup that was created immediately before the data was deleted.
You can perform both in-place restore operations and out-of-place restore operations for OneDrive for Business data:
- In-place restore operation: When you restore a file in place, you restore it to the same path on the same client from which the file was backed up.
- Out-of-place restore operation: When you restore a file out of place, you can restore it to a physical disk that is attached to a Cloud Apps-installed client.
Last modified: 9/6/2018 6:25:55 AM