Performing a Salesforce Metadata Comparison
View the file differences for the Salesforce metadata, such as layouts, Apex code, and workflows between two different backup times. You can also compare two Salesforce organizations to one another.
Before You Begin
- You must include metadata in the subclient that you use for the backups. For more information, see Backing Up Salesforce Metadata.
- Verify that you have both a full backup and an incremental backup. For more information, see Performing Salesforce Backups.
- From the navigation pane, click Solutions > Apps > Cloud Apps > Salesforce > app > backup_set > subclient, and then click Compare.
The Select Compare Type dialog box appears.
- Select Metadata compare.
The Backup Content page appears.
- Select the metadata to compare.
- In the subclient content area, click metadata > unpackaged > selected metadata.
- Beside the data that you want to compare, select the check box.
- Click Compare.
The Compare options dialog box appears.
- In the Source date and Date to compare boxes, select the dates for the backups that you want to compare, and then click Compare.
The Metadata compare summary page appears.
A row for each object lists the objects that were added, modified, and deleted.
- To view additional information about the record changes, in the column for the Added, Modified or Deleted changes, click the number.
The Added, Deleted or Modified record page appears and displays a row for each record change.
Last modified: 6/12/2018 8:27:54 PM