Adding a Google Cloud Platform Hypervisor
Add a Google Cloud hypervisor to support data protection operations for all instances hosted or managed by the hypervisor.
Before You Begin
- To backup and restore Google Cloud Platform instances, the Google Cloud Platform service account must have one of the following roles assigned:
- Compute Instance Admin (v1) and Service Account User
- Create a Google Cloud Platform service account and download a P12 private key.
- Make a note of the service account ID, project ID, P12 key file name, and P12 key password.
- Place the P12 private key in the base certificates folder for Google Cloud Platform: <base folder>\certificates\external
If the \Base\certificates\external folder does not already exist, create the folder.
- There must be one Virtual Server Agent (VSA) proxy for each Google Cloud Platform service account. You can add more VSA proxies as needed.
- From the navigation pane, click Solutions > Virtualization > Hypervisors.
The Hypervisors page appears.
- Click Add hypervisor.
- For Select type, select the following:
- Google Cloud Platform
- For Client name, type a descriptive name for the hypervisor.
- Enter the Google Cloud Platform Project ID.
- Enter the Google Cloud Platform Service Account ID.
- Enter the Google Cloud Platform P12 Key File Name.
The P12 file should reside in the following location on the proxy computer: <Base-folder>/certificates/external
- Enter the Google Cloud Platform Private Keys Password.
- From the Proxy list, select a previously deployed proxy.
- Click Save.
Last modified: 7/27/2018 3:00:30 PM