Restoring Mailboxes, Mailbox Items, or Messages Using Exchange Mailbox
Applies to: User Mailbox, and Journal Mailbox
Restore a mailbox, a mailbox item (such as a folder, a contact, or a calendar entry), or a message.
- In the navigation pane, expand Solutions > Exchange, and then click the Exchange_Mailbox_server.
- In the Agents area, click Exchange Mailbox.
- In the Content area, click the backup_set.
- In the upper-right, click Restore.
The Backup content page appears.
- Do one of the following:
- To restore a mailbox, select the check box next to the mailbox name.
- To restore a folder, expand the mailbox, and then select the check box beside the folder name.
- To restore a message, expand the mailbox and folder, and then select the check box next to the appropriate message.
- To restore a message that has an attachment, select a message that has paper clip icon.
- Click Restore.
The Restore options dialog box appears.
- From the Restore to list, select Mailbox.
- From the Destination host list, select the name of the Exchange Mailbox server computer.
- To restore the data to the same path from which it was backed up, select the Restore to original folder check box.
- In the When message exists area, do either of the following:
- To overwrite any existing messages, select Overwrite unconditionally.
- To prevent an item that already exists from being overwritten, select Skip.
- Journal Mailbox: To restore only the actual message, select the Remove journal report if it exists on restore check box.
The journal report is removed when the message is restored.
- Click Submit.
Last modified: 3/11/2018 10:16:10 PM