Configuring Manual or Automatic Selection of the Backup Source
In a DAG environment, you select the Exchange server backup source to be a single server (manual selection) or the next available passive server (automatic selection).
For each database, configure backups to run on any one of the available DAG servers.
Manual server selection allows backups of Mailbox and Public Folder databases.
Determine from which server the backup is run.
- Because database-centric processes require a lot of resources, running a backup job on the active server might slow down other processes. By default, backups run on the first available passive server.
- If there are no passive servers available, you can configure backups to run on the active server.
- In addition, you can configure backups to run on the server with the highest number of activation preferences. This ensures the backup runs on a server that is least likely to become active in a failover case.
Automatic server selection allows backups of Mailbox and Public Folder databases.
- From the navigation pane, click Solutions > Apps > Exchange.
The Exchange servers page appears.
- Click an Exchange server.
The selected Exchange server page appears.
- In the Agents section, click Exchange Database.
The Exchange Database page appears.
- In the Subclient section, click a subclient for which you want to configure the backup source.
The subclient page appears.
- In the Server details section, click Edit.
The Server details dialog box appears.
- Configure whether the backup source is selected manually or automatically.
- Click Discover.
All the discovered databases appear in the Server Associations list.
- Select the server where you want to back up the databases.
- Select the Backup from passive copy check box.
- If there are no passive servers available, select the Backup from Active copy if no passive copy is available check box.
- Select the Use last activation preference to select passive copy check box.
- Click Discover.
- Click Save.
Last modified: 10/8/2018 1:40:03 PM