Creating User-Defined Subclients
If you need to back up specific databases, you can do so by creating a user-defined subclient.
- From the navigation pane, click Solutions > Apps > Exchange.
The Exchange servers page appears.
- Click an Exchange server.
The selected Exchange server page appears.
- In the Agents section, click Exchange Database.
The Exchange Database page appears.
- Click Add Subclient.
The Add subclient wizard appears.
- On the General page, type a name for the subclient, and then select a plan. Click Next.
- On the Settings page, type or select the maximum number of streams required for running a backup operation.
By default, the number of streams is set to two.
Optional: For enabling block-level backup operation to use the backed up databases later for live browse, select the Optimize for message level recovery check box.
You can also enable block-level backups later. For more information, see Enabling Block-Level Backups for Exchange Databases.
- On the Subclient content page, select one or more databases you want to add to the user-defined subclient that you are creating. Click Next.
- On the Server details page, select if the backup source is selected manually or automatically.
- Select Manual.
All the discovered databases appear in the Server Associations list.
- Select the servers where you want to back up each database.
- Select Automatic.
- Select the Backup from passive copy check box.
- If there are no passive servers available, select the Backup from Active copy if no passive copy is available check box.
- Select the Use last activation preference to select passive copy check box.
For more information, see Configuring Manual or Automatic Selection of the Backup Source.
- Select Manual.
- Click Save.
The new user-defined subclient appears in the Exchange Database page, under the Subclients section.
Last modified: 6/7/2018 5:14:05 AM