Recovering Messages from an Offline Exchange Database
Applies to: Exchange 2010 or later, DAG environment
You can recover messages from an offline copy of an Exchange mailbox database.
Note: You can use this recovery method for mailbox databases only.
Before You Begin
- Make sure that the MediaAgent is prepared for recovering messages.
- The Exchange database must be restored out of place to a MediaAgent.
- If the location where the Exchange database is restored is a network share, then the Active Directory computer account for the MediaAgent must have write access to that location.
- From the navigation pane, click Solutions > Apps > Exchange.
The Exchange servers page appears.
- Click an Exchange server.
The selected Exchange server page appears.
- In the Agents section, click Exchange Database.
The Exchange Database page appears.
- Click Restore offline DB messages.
The Restore offline DB messages dialog box appears.
- From the Select a MediaAgent list, select a MediaAgent where you want to restore the offline copy of Exchange database.
- Click Browse, select the offline Exchange copy that you want to recover, and then click Save.
- Click Continue to restore.
The Restore messages page appears.
- Select the messages that you want to recover. You can select a mailbox, or a folder in a mailbox (like Inbox), or a message.
- Click Restore.
The Restore options dialog box appears.
- Type or click Browse to select the PST path where you want to recover the selected messages, and then click Save.
- Click Submit.
A restore job is created. You can monitor the job progress, kill the job, or suspend the job. For information about monitoring all the jobs in the Admin Console environment, see Jobs.
Last modified: 6/7/2018 5:14:06 AM