Recovering Messages from an Exchange Database Block-Level Backup
Applies to: Exchange 2010 or later, DAG environment
After you perform a block-level backup of an Exchange database, you can recover individual messages.
Before You Begin
- Enable block-level backup.
- Make sure that the MediaAgent is prepared for recovering messages.
- Create a recovery point.
- From the navigation pane, click Solutions > Apps > Exchange.
The Exchange servers page appears
- Click an Exchange server.
The selected Exchange server page appears.
- In the Agents section, click Exchange Database.
The Exchange Database page appears.
- In the Subclient section, click a subclient for which block-level backup is enabled.
The subclient page appears.
- Click Restore messages.
The Restore messages page appears.
- In the Actions column of the recovery point whose message you want to restore, click the action button , and then click Browse.
- Select the messages that you want to recover. You can select a mailbox, or a folder in a mailbox (like Inbox), or a message.
- Click Restore.
The Restore options dialog box appears.
- Type or click Browse to select the PST path where you want to recover the selected messages, and then click Save.
- Click Submit.
A restore job is created. You can monitor the job progress, kill the job, or suspend the job. For information about monitoring all the jobs in the Admin Console environment, see Jobs.
Last modified: 6/7/2018 5:14:06 AM