Getting Started with Salesforce in an MSP Environment
Step 1: Obtain Your User Credentials
Obtain the following information from your backup administrator:
- The Admin Console URL
- Your Admin Console user credentials
Step 2: Review the Salesforce Prerequisites
- Verify that you have one of the following Salesforce editions:
- Lightning Developer
- Lightning Enterprise
- Lightning Performance
- Lightning Unlimited
- You must have a Salesforce admin user and security token for your Salesforce account.
- Verify that you can connect to the Salesforce login URL from the backup client.
- Review the disk requirements for the backup client. For more information, see Salesforce Backup Client Requirements.
Step 3: Configure the Salesforce Environment
- Add a Connected App in Salesforce.
- Add permissions to Salesforce profiles for the Salesforce users who will perform the back up operations and the restore operations.
Step 4: Configure the Commvault Environment
Step 5: Perform a Backup Operation
Last modified: 3/6/2019 11:08:39 PM