Performing Salesforce Record-level Restore Operations in an MSP Environment
Restore a set of Salesforce records to a Salesforce organization. This restore operation restores the selected records of the selected object. You can only restore records from the latest backup cycle.
If your Salesforce environment has the Persons Account feature, then make sure that you select the Account Object when you want to restore the Person account records. You must make this selection even when you have deleted the account record from the contacts. For more information about the person account feature, go to the Salesforce help site, Person Accounts.
If you have triggers or workflows that you can edit and the restore destination is a Salesforce instance, then you can have the Commvault software disable the workflows or triggers before the restore, and then activate them after the restore completes (Disable triggers and rules check box). Use this option to improve load performance and minimize errors.
- From the navigation page, expand Solutions > Apps > Cloud Apps. Then, in the Actions column for the Salesforce organization, click the action button , and then click Restore.
The Select restore type page appears.
- Select Record level restore.
The Record level restore page appears.
- Optional: Select the record versions. From the Showing all versions list, select the records that you want to view.
- To show the latest record version,select Show latest version.
- To show the all versions of the records, select Show all versions.
- To show the deleted records, select Show deleted records.
- Select the records to restore.
- From the Object list, select the object that you want to restore.
- In the id column, select the check boxes that correspond to the records.
- To filter records, click Advanced filter not set, and then select Set advanced filter.Then, in the Advanced filter dialog box, type a valid SQL query, and then click OK.
- Click Restore.
The Restore options dialog box appears.
- From the Destination organization list, select the Salesforce organization that you want to restore the data to.
- From the Restore dependent object list, select the dependent objects to include in the restore.
For information about the options, see Salesforce Restore Dependent Objects Options.
- To disable triggers, select the Disable triggers and rules check box.
- Click Submit.
When you selected the Disable triggers and rules check box, the Commvault software automatically activates the workflows and triggers after the restore completes.
What to Do Next
You can control or view the job. For more information, see Jobs.
Last modified: 1/16/2019 9:36:02 PM