Restoring Salesforce Data in an MSP Environment
Restore the Salesforce data to a Salesforce organization.
Note: If you changed data during the full backup, then you might need to restore additional incremental jobs so that you minimize data inconsistencies.
If your Salesforce environment has the Persons Account feature, then make sure that you select the Account Object when you want to restore the Person account records. You must make this selection even when you have deleted the account record from the contacts. For more information about the person account feature, go to the Salesforce help site, Person Accounts.
Tip: To avoid errors, or to get faster results, disable the validation rules, Apex triggers, and workflows.
Before You Begin
- Determine the dependent objects to include in the restore. Use this choice as the Restore Dependent Object list selection.
For more information about the options, see Salesforce Restore Dependent Objects Options.
- Verify that you have enough data and file storage space on your destination Salesforce environment.
- The object metatdata for the backup must match the current object metadata.
- The destination profile and the users must match the source profile and users.
- Verify that the objects exist on the destination organization.
- From the navigation page, expand Solutions > Apps > Cloud Apps. Then, in the Actions column for the Salesforce organization, click the action button , and then click Restore.
The Select restore type page appears.
- Select Object level restore.
The Backup content page appears.
- Optional: Select a backup other than the latest backup. From the Showing latest backup list, select one of the following options:
- To show the latest backup, select Show Latest Backup.
- To show a backup at a specific time, select Show backup as a of a specific date, and then type the date and time.
- To show backups for a date range, select Show backup for a date range, and then specify the dates.
- Optional: Select whether to show the deleted objects and files. From the Hiding deleted object/file list, select one of the following options:
- To see the deleted objects and files, click Show deleted objects/files.
- To hide the deleted objects and files, click Hide deleted objects/files.
- Select the data that you want to restore:
- To restore files, select the check box next to Files.
- To restore objects, select the check box next to Objects.
- To restore both files and objects, select both check boxes.
- Click Restore.
The Restore options dialog box appears.
- From the Destination organization list, select the Salesforce organization that you want to restore the data to.
- From the Restore Dependent Object list, select the dependent objects to include in the restore.
- To disable the Salesforce triggers and rules, select the Disable triggers and rules check box.
- Click Submit.
Last modified: 1/16/2019 9:35:14 PM