Restoring Salesforce Metadata in an MSP Environment
You can restore the Salesforce metadata to the Salesforce cloud as needed. The data is restored to the Salesforce instance and the local database.
Note: If you changed data during the full backup, then you might need to restore additional incremental jobs so that you minimize data inconsistencies.
- From the navigation page, expand Solutions > Apps > Cloud Apps. Then, in the Actions column for the Salesforce organization, click the action button , and then click Restore.
The Select restore type page appears.
- Select Metadata restore.
The Backup content page appears.
- Optional: Select a backup. From the Showing latest backup list, select the backup:
- To show the latest backup, select Show Latest Backup.
- To show a backup at a specific time, select Show backup as a of a specific date, and then type the date and time.
- To show backups for a date range, select Show backup for a date range, and then specify the dates.
- Optional: Select the metadata that you want to use for the restore. From the Showing restorable metadata only list, select one of the following options:
- To view all metadata, click Show all metadata.
- To view only the metadata that you can restore, select Show restorable metadata only.
- Click Metadata, unpackaged and then select the check box next to each metadata object that you want to restore.
- Click Restore.
The Restore options dialog box appears.
- Click Submit.
Last modified: 1/16/2019 9:37:09 PM